Questyle Audio is dedicated to the design and manufacture of high resolution music player for portable and car use, and State of the Art audio equipment for studio monitoring and top-tier players, as well as wireless audio for home and customized installation. Questyle Audio products range covers: High Resolution Portable Music Players (DAPs), Current Mode Headphone Amplifiers, True DSD DACs, High Resolution Multi-channel Wireless Audio Systems, etc.
QP1/QP1R - DAP High-Res Portable Music Player
An Impressive arc body with a twin steering wheel design, supporting DSD128 & 24/192kHz PCM files, pure class A, discrete transistors and components, headphone amplifier, incorporating Questyle Audio's patented "Current Mode Amplification" to ensure warm and powerful sound, which makes the QP1 masterpieces of portable DAPs.
A machined aluminum body is merged with a Gorilla glass front and back, reducing weight while increasing durability and providing a better environment for EMI sensitive circuits. The innovative continuous whole surface design, the hollow guard, the curved glass machining, the assembly of superimposed surfaces of glass and aluminum composite materials, the CNC machining and assembly to a severe test of specification, all of which are combine to make a beautiful and stylish enclosure.
The Questyle Audio QP1Rs support ALAC, APE, FLAC, AIFF, WAV, WMA Lossless up to 24bit/192kHz and high-Res audio files such as DSD128 and DSD64. Playback reveals a far closer reproduction of the original performance than that of any MP3 players or smart mobile phones available today. As a Hi-End portable DAP, it needs to handle the audio files, which are as high level as the studio recording, at very low power consumption.
Reviews- AUDIOPHILIA - Star Component Award Anthony Kershaw, Nov 2015
- The Absolute Sound equipment review by Steven Stone, March 2016
- HIFI+ Chris Martens Dec 2015
- Stereophile John Atkinson Dec 2015
- Enjoy the Music.com Steve Rochlin, Sept. 2015
- - Patented "Current Mode Amplification" in headphone AMP, all discrete components, Pure Class A circuit.
- - File Format Support：WAV, FLAC, ALAC, APE, AIFF, ADPCM, LPCM, MP3,
- - WMA,WMA Lossless, OGG, AAC, DFF, DSF
- PCM Native: 44.1 kHz - 192 kHz（16bit/24bit）
- DSD Native: DSD64(1bit 2.8MHz)/DSD128(1bit 5.6MHz)
- DAC： Cirrus Logic CS4398
- Output： 3.5MM headphone output, 3.5MM line out & optical output
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20 kHz（±0.1dB）
- QP1 R :THD+N 0.0006%
- Output Impedance ： QP1R: 0.15Ω
- Internal: 32GB
- External: Micro SD card 2*200GB
- Battery： 3300mAh Li-polymer， 8-10 hours
- Charge Current： Via PC USB connection @ 450mA,
- Charging Time : 8 hours
- Via Charger @ 2A, Charging Time： 4 hours
- Body ： CNC cutting aluminum case, Available in Space Gray/ Gold
- Gain = High
- Max Output Amplitude: Vout=1.9V rms
- Output Power: Pout=40mW @32Ω & Pout=12mW @300Ω
- Max Output Amplitude : Vout=1V rms
- Output Power: Pout=31mW @32Ω & Pout=3.5mW @300Ω
- Max Output Amplitude : Vout=0.53V rms @32Ω & Vout=0.51V rms @16Ω
- Output Power: Pout=8.8mW @32Ω & Pout=16.3mW @16Ω
- Manufactured by Foxconn
Headphone AMP Output Power
Presenting the Questyle Audio CMA800P, commissioned by STAX, to bring out the full potential of their Flagship SR-009 electrostatic ear speaker system. All hand made in Japan, and only available on a custom order basis, the pinnacle of the STAX line, the SR-009 provides sound with a natural clarity and exquisite detail demanded by the most discerning of audiophiles, but to bring out their full dynamics, to provide unprecedented deep, articulate and controlled bass, to remove that last bit of haze in the treble, a pre-amp was needed, and STAX felt that only Questyle Audio, had the technological expertise, and the auditory finesse to build it.
May 14th 2015, at the Munich High-end show, Germany, Questyle Audio officially announce the birth of their new family member — The CMA800P, a “Current Mode Amplification” Pre-amplifier. In its name, the 800 represents the top tier of Questyle Audio’s Hi-end headphone based systems, while P represents “Pre-Amp”. Thus from very beginning the Questyle Audio CMA800P is defined as a purified Hi-end piece, specifically tuned to the STAX SR-009 system, to dig out the electrostatic headphone system’s full potential. Not able to attend themselves, STAX provided an SR-009 system to be displayed with the Questyle Audio CMA800P at the product launch, showing their absolute support of the Questyle Audio CMA800P / STAX SR-009 combination.
Reviews- Enjoy the Music.com Dave Hanson, Oct. 2016
- Gain: Internally switchable between High and Low
- Max output amplitude: 13Vrms in full balance mode /6.5Vrms in single ended mode
- SNR: 131dB in full balance mode /_124dB in single ended mode
- THD+N: 0.00021% @1kHz, 10K Ohm in full balance mode and 0.00023% @1kHz, 10K Ohm in single ended mode
- Frequency response: DC-100KHz (+0, -3dB) (built-in LPF filter)
- Input Impedance: 2.9K Ohm
- Input: XLR x1 /RCA x1
- Output: XLR x1 /Stereo RCA x1
- Working Status: Pure Class A
- Input voltage : 100-120V /220-240V
- Power Consumption: 9W
- Dimension: 330 x 300 x 55 mm
CMA800R Current Mode Headphone Amplifier
Questyle Audio’s outstanding "Current Mode Amplification" technology (subject to a PCT patent held by and the core technology designed and developed by, Questyle Audio CEO and founder Wang Fengshuo) provides the airiness and musicality of a tube amp while maintaining the speed and accuracy of transistors.
What is Current Mode Amplification?
In current mode amplification, the signal is amplified by modulating current instead of voltage. It is widely applied in the high speed communication industry and the video processing industry, but it is Questyle Audio’s patented technology as applied to headphone amplifiers.
Why We Choose Current Mode Amplification?
Low distortion and wide bandwidth are the goals of all high performance amplifiers. Only with ultra wide bandwidth and high speed processing can an amplifier wonderfully process sudden pulse wave signals, and achieve realistic playback of music signal with speed and transparency.
When the component is working in Current mode, the amplifier Slew Rate (SR) achieves a linear increase as input signal amplitude increases, in direct proportion to the input signal amplitude. When receiving a high amplitude signal, a “Current Mode” amplifier’s SR is much faster than traditional Voltage mode devices, totally eliminating TIMD and ensuring a high amplitude signal with an extremely wide linear bandwidth and an almost distortion free realistic playback.
Reviews- Enjoy the Music.com Dave Hanson, Oct. 2016
- HiFi+ Alan Sircom, April 2016
- The Absolute Sound also by Alan Sircom, April 2016
- Gain： 15.5dB
- Max Output Power：
180mW (7.5Vrms) @300Ω, standard Stereo Mode
710mW (15Vrms) @300Ω, Mono Mode
- SNR： 114 dB, standard Stereo Mode / 118 dB, Mono Mode
- THD+N： 0.00038%@1kHz, 300Ω standard Stereo Mode / 0.00026%@1kHz, 300Ω Mono Mode
- Frequency Response： DC-200kHz (+0, -0.3 dB); DC-650kHz(+0, -3 dB)
- Sensitivity： 1.2Vrms
- Impedance： 47KΩ
- Inputs： XLR stereo, RCA Stereo, and XLR Mono Full Balance input
- Outputs： Dual 6.35mm Stereo headphone Jacks, a XLR Mono Full Balance output, A pair RCA Pre-amp output
- Work Status： Pure Class A
- Voltage： 100-120Vor 220-230V, Internal switchable
- Power Consumption： 13W
- Dimension： 330 x 300 x 55 mm
The Questyle Audio CAS192D, the first DAC equal to the performance of Questyle’s Current Mode Amplification, is now the world’s first DAC to support True DSD.
Unlike other DACs that claim DSD support, yet in actuality provide DoP (DSD over PCM), the Questyle Audio CAS192D accepts the DSD bit-stream directly from your computer, bypassing your computer’s audio processing and digital volume control as well as the Questyle Audio CAS192D’s digital filters, providing True DSD. No more expensive, difficult to install proprietary connectors, or as is the case with DoP breaking up the bit-stream into 16bit packets and compressing them into a PCM data-stream and then uncompressing them at the other end, buffering them, then reassembling the bit-stream so that it may be sent to the DAC as DSD. All requiring an extreme amount of processing at both the computer end and the DAC end to perform in real time (which invariably leads to latency, data loss, etc), not to mention a 33% increase in bandwidth requirements for the USB ports and cabling.
Currently the majority of DACs use FIR (finite impulse response) digital filters, but research and testing has shown that our ears are very sensitive to the pre-ring that FIR digital filters add to the impulse wave, making the music sound incoherent and unnatural. The Questyle Audio CAS192D offers the advanced IIR digital filter, which completely eliminates the pre-ring from the impulse wave producing a more natural sound.
USB Input Supports True DSD and PCM 192kHz/24bit, 3X Clock Asynchronous Transmission Structure
During every second of music, there are hundreds of thousands of time operations. Any micro errors will distort the sound. In the Questyle Audio CAS192D, a 3X clock USB asynchronous transmission structure ensures a more accurate operation. To obtain first class sound performance, three correspondence level clocks (custom made in Japan), individually control multiples of 44.1kHz, multiples of 48kHz and USB signal transmission, dedicated for USB asynchronous transmission, reduceing Jitter to undetectable levels. A three-clock integrated circuit with FIFO asynchronous architecture and three voltage-stabilized power stages ensure accurate sound.
Reviews- Enjoy the Music.com Dave Hanson, Oct. 2016
- DAC Chipset： WM8741
- Digital Filters in PCM mode： 5 switchable IIR (MP) and FIR (LP) filters
- Digital Filters in DSD mode： NO
- Upsampling in PCM mode： Dual Clock integral upsampling, ON/OFF switchable
- OS for USB input： Win XP,Vista,Win7,Win8 and Mac OS
- Media Player for USB input： Any player
- Core Audio for USB input： WASAPI，ASIO，KS
- RCA： 2.44Vrms,
- XLR： 4.88Vrms
- THD+N： < 0.005%
- SNRRCA： 115 dB,XLR:116 dB
- Digital Input： USB, SPDIF, PCM 44.1K-192K/16-24bit
- USB Input： 44.1K-192K/16-24bit PCM and True DSD
- Analog output： Balanced(XLR) and unbalanced(RCA)
- Dimension: 330 x 300 x 55MM
CMA800i DAC with Headphone Amplifier
The Questyle Audio CMA800i DAC with Headphone Amplifier - An outstanding all-in-one device with no-compromise.
The Questyle Audio CMA800i headphone amplifier section follows Questyle’s patented "Current Mode Amplification" design used in their flagship headphone amplifier, the Questyle Audio CMA800R, in fact, most of the components used are the same. The ultra low 0.00026% distortion, ultra wide bandwidth, up to 850kHz (+0, -3dB), and super-current pure Class A architecture enables the Questyle Audio CMA800i’s amplification to be unparalleled among all-in-one DAC/amplifiers.
Like the CAS192D, he Questyle Audio CMA800i accepts the DSD bit-stream directly from your computer, bypassing your computer’s audio processing and digital volume control as well as the Questyle Audio CMA800i’s digital filters, to provide True DSD.
Headphone Amp section (External Format)
- Gain: 11.8dB (3.9times)
- Max Output Power（Po）: 180mW（7.5Vrms）@300Ω；1W@32Ω
- THD+N: 0.00026%@1kHz，Po=100mW，300Ω and 0.00050%@1kHz，Po=50mW，32Ω
- SNR: 118 dB，
- Frequency: DC-200kHz(+0，-0.5 dB)；DC-850kHz(+0，-3 dB)
- Sensitivity: 2.2Vrms
- Input: Internal DAC output, or External RCA input,switchable
- Output: Dual 6.35mm Standard Stereo Jacks
- Input： SPDIF input and output, USB Type B input
- SPDIF input and output:
- Standard PCM: 44.1-192k/16-24bit
- USB： PCM 44.1-192k/16-24bit and v
- DSD Source Code following standard SACD format
- PC OS to match USB input： Win XP,Vista,Win7,Win8 and MAC OS
- PCM Mode： Switchable IIR(MP) and FIR (LP)
- True DSD Mode: No filter
- USB supported Kernal stream： WASAPI，ASIO，KS
- Analog Output： Balanced (XLR) and unbalanced (RCA)
- XLR： 8.6Vrms；RCA：4.3Vrms
- THD+N： < 0.005% for both XLR and RCA
- SNR： >107dB for both XLR and RCA
- Voltage： 100-120V or 220-230V switchable
- Power Consuming： 13W
- Dimension： 330 x 300 x 55mm
DAC and Pre-Amp Section
Max output amplitude：
CMA600i DAC with Headphone Amplifier
"Current Mode Amplification" Headphone AMP
CMA600i inherits Questyle Audio flagship headphone amplifier patent "Current Mode Amplification" technology, adopts all discrete circuit design, working in pure class A status. Thus it can provide best sound required ultra-low distrotion (0.00042%) and DC-600kHz (+0,-3dB) untra-wide frequency. Plus the high quality sound performance, CMA600i is capable to challenge world class Hi-end headphone amplifiers.
CMA600i is equipped with 4-pin full balanced output and dual 6.35mm standard headphone jacks for a fully balanced output design. When the 4-pin full balanced output is working to drive a headphone, there are 4 groups of pure Class A and Current Mode amplification circuits output double voltage, and bringing quadruple power, so it can easily drive any high impedance headphones.
CMA600i selects AKM AK4490 as DAC chips. CMA600i is specially designed with a +/-7V ultra high voltage power regulator to independently provide power for AK4490, providing an massive dynamic range. CMA600i USB input supports PCM 44.1k-384k /16-32bit signal, and True DSD64, DSD128, DSD256, DoP (DSD over PCM)64, DoP128 converting. It also supports 192kHz/24bit optical and SPDIF inputs. CMA600i also inherits Questyle patented "True DSD converting" technology.
- Headphone Amp Section (Headphone Amplifier Only)
- Gain: 13.4dB (4.7times)
- Max Output Power(Po): 220mW@300Ω; 950mW @32Ω(normal headphone jack) 630mW @300Ω; 1900mW @32Ω (balanced headphone jack)
- THD+N: 0.00057% @1kHz, Po=100mW, 300Ω 0.0034% @1kHz, Po=50mW, 32Ω SNR 113 dB, non-weighting
- Frequency Response: DC-100kHz(+0, -0.7 dB); DC-600kHz(+0, -3dB)
- Sensitivity: 1.7Vrms
- Input: Internal DAC output, or External unbalanced(RCA) input: switchable
- Output: Dual 6.35mm standard stereo jacks and a balanced headphone jack
- Signal: SPDIF input and output: PCM 44.1-192K/16-24bit standard
- USB: 44.1K-384K/16-32bit PCM and DSD Native DSD64, DSD128, DSD256
- PC OS to Match USB Input: Win XP,Vista,Win7,Win8,Win10 and MAC OS
- Digital Input & Output: SPDIF input and output, Optical input, USB type B input
- Core Audio Stream: supported by USB WASAPI, ASIO, KS
- Analog Output: Balanced (XLR) and single ended unbalanced (RCA)
- Max Analog Output Amplitude: Balanced (XLR): 8 Vrms; unbalanced (RCA): 4 Vrms
- THD+N: RCA: < 0.00082%; XLR: < 0.00064%
- SNR: RCA: >105dB; XLR: >121dB (non-weighting)
- Voltage: 100-120V or 220-230V switchable
- Power Consumption: 18W
- Dimension: 330 x 300 x 55mm
DAC and Pre-Amp Output Section:
5GHz Hi-End Wireless Audio System
World class sound should not be limited by wires according to Questyle and they have come up with the first, Hi-end 5GHz Wireless Audio System. A completely new stage of evolution for wireless audio, Questyle Audio's worldwide PCT patented, 5GHz Wireless Audio System offers the most stable wireless transmission, achievable for a HiFi system.
The Questyle Audio T2 Wireless Transmitter/Controller receives digital signal through USB, coaxial, and optical inputs, as well as, analogue signal through RCA inputs (which is converted to digital via a dedicated ADC circuit). User friendly design with intuitive plug and play operation that will run as soon as you plug in the power cord, no need for any complex setup procedure.
The wireless transmission supports high resolution, 24bit communication, which employs a FIFO cache and digital PL technology, reducing jitter to undetectable levels. The Questyle Audio 5GHz Wireless Audio System also supports multiple receiver applications, allowing one transmitter to connect with up to 8 receivers.
Download and view the 5GHz Wireless Audio System information PDF
- T2 Transmitter
- Digital Input： Optical, Coaxial, PCM 44.1K-192K/16-24bit
- USB input： USB type B, 3X clock USB Asynchronous transmission, support Win and Mac OS
- Analogue Input： RCA, max 2Vrms
- Power Cord： DC 5V 6.5mm, Max Current 1A
- Volume： Electric volume, 0.5dB stepping, PW cut memory
- Input Switch： Switch button, PW cut memory
- Transmitting Frequency： 5.2/5.8GHZ switchable
- Bit depth： 24 bit without compression
- Max delay： 10mS
- Max support Receivers： 8 pcs
- Dimension： 160 x 1120 x 25 mm
- Output Power： 2*50W reated@4ohm
- Frequency Response： ≤60kHz, +0,-3dB
- SNR： >100dB
- THD+N： <0.01%
- Power Supply： 110V/220V switchable
- Dimension： 240*130*44mm
- Output Power： 200W@4ohm
- Frequency Response： ≤60kHZ, +0,-3dB
- SNR： >100dB
- THD+N： <0.005<
- Power Supply： 110V/220V Switchable
- Dimension： 240*130*44mm
- Channel Switch： Switch between left and right through button on Chassis Bottom
R100 Wireless Stereo Amplifier
R200 Wireless Mono Amplifier
Golden Reference Headphone System
The Golden Reference system is a stack of Questyle's top of the line components including the CAS192D, CMA800P and 2 CMA800RS. There is more to the reference system than just the gold finish. Each model takes the basic circuit design of its standard issue model, and replaces the standard components with hand-picked components, and swaps out the standard circuit board for a custom thick film ceramic PCB made by Roberts.
Having two CMA800R amplifiers running dual mono mode, the system performance is unrivalled. A laser-focused center image provides an extremely precise depth across a huge soundscape. With current mode amplification of the CMA800Rs, "True DSD" of the CAS192D and its Wolfson flagship WM8741 chip, plus the convenience of a very transparent CM800P, the system is unmatched.
With the all this going in one small space saving stack, you'll be immersed that much more into your music! Read what the reviewers had to say:
Reviews- EnjoyTheMusic.com Dave Hanson, October 2016
- HI-FI+ UK by Alan Sircom, Nov 2016
- Questyle CAS192D Golden
- Type: Digital to Analogue converter
- Inputs: USB, S/PDIF Toslink and RCA
- Outputs: Unbalanced RCA and balanced XLR
- Precisions: from 16/44.1-24/192 PCM and True DSD (DSD128)
- Filters: 5 switchable IIR (MP) and FIR (LP)
- PCM upsampling: Dual clock integral, defeatable
- Core Audio for USB: WASAPI, ASIO, KS
- S/N ratio: 115dB (RCA), 116dB (XLR)
- THD+N: < 0.005%
- Dimensions (W×H×D): 33×33×5.5cm
- Type: Pure Class A headphone preamplifier
- Inputs: 1x pair XLR, 1x pair RCA
- Outputs: 1x pair XLR, 1x pair RCA
- S/N ratio: 131dB (XLR)/124dB (RCA)
- THD+N: 0.00021% @ 1kHz, 10kΩ (XLR); 0.00023% @ 1kHz, 10kΩ (RCA)
- Dimensions (W×H×D): 33×33×5.5cm
- Type: Pure Class A current mode headphone amplifier
- Inputs: RCA/XLR (stereo mode), XLR (mono mode)
- Outputs: dual 6.5mm headphone jacks (stereo) XLR full balance (mono), RCA pair (preamp)
- Frequency response: DC-200kHz (+0, -0.3dB)
- S/N ratio: 114dB (stereo), 118dB (mono)
- THD+N (1kHz, 300Ω): 0.00026% (mono); 0.00038% (stereo)
- Gain: 15.5dB
- Max output power for 300Ω load: 180mW (stereo), 710mW (balanced)
- Dimensions (W×H×D): 34×14.5×5.2cm
- Weight: 5kg
Questyle CMA800P Golden
Questyle CMA800R Golden
Download the current product catalogue from Questyle Audio
Reviews and Awards on the Questyle website
IMPORTANT: Products and specifications are subject to change without notice.